I don't know if I have told you this yet....but I really, really dislike the paint color we chose for our walls in our new house. I wanted to go darker but Matt talked me out of it. (never again) And since I didn't get to buy an older house with "character" (not that I am complaining) I have taken matters into my own hands....and the hands of my hubby and wonderfully, handy father-in-law Mitch. With their help and mad carpentry skills...my "visions" are starting to take shape. Project #1 is "basically" finished-it is just waiting for me to paint it. Thanks to Mitch, my tub surround is done. I think he thought I was crazy, but I love how it turned out! Rather than saying, Project #1, I should really say "Character Building Part 1". Now, character building Part 2 happened because my kitchen needed some pizazz and oh how I love color! So, one afternoon I just put a few strokes of the green on the wall, just to see what it would look like. Well. I couldn't quite tell with just a little sampling of it. So, I had to do more and then more and then, well...as you can tell, I ended up liking it! And yes, before you say anything, I LOVE THE COLOR GREEN. (now the hunt for the perfect window treatments and fabric begins) But, I promised Matt I would not paint anything else inside the house green. Inside. I have another "green" project/character building idea for outside, but, I will have to leave you wondering. For now, I am painted out. Did I forget to mention how much I HATE painting? The bathroom only took me less than a week. The kitchen took more like 2. But, hey! I finished them! Not bad for a busy mama of 3! "Character Building #3" is in the works for Riley's bedroom. Mitch is custom building built in's and a toy box/window seat! Don't worry-I will take pictures! And, NO-my FIL is not for hire. I am just really lucky he likes me!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
My little house projects
I don't know if I have told you this yet....but I really, really dislike the paint color we chose for our walls in our new house. I wanted to go darker but Matt talked me out of it. (never again) And since I didn't get to buy an older house with "character" (not that I am complaining) I have taken matters into my own hands....and the hands of my hubby and wonderfully, handy father-in-law Mitch. With their help and mad carpentry skills...my "visions" are starting to take shape. Project #1 is "basically" finished-it is just waiting for me to paint it. Thanks to Mitch, my tub surround is done. I think he thought I was crazy, but I love how it turned out! Rather than saying, Project #1, I should really say "Character Building Part 1". Now, character building Part 2 happened because my kitchen needed some pizazz and oh how I love color! So, one afternoon I just put a few strokes of the green on the wall, just to see what it would look like. Well. I couldn't quite tell with just a little sampling of it. So, I had to do more and then more and then, well...as you can tell, I ended up liking it! And yes, before you say anything, I LOVE THE COLOR GREEN. (now the hunt for the perfect window treatments and fabric begins) But, I promised Matt I would not paint anything else inside the house green. Inside. I have another "green" project/character building idea for outside, but, I will have to leave you wondering. For now, I am painted out. Did I forget to mention how much I HATE painting? The bathroom only took me less than a week. The kitchen took more like 2. But, hey! I finished them! Not bad for a busy mama of 3! "Character Building #3" is in the works for Riley's bedroom. Mitch is custom building built in's and a toy box/window seat! Don't worry-I will take pictures! And, NO-my FIL is not for hire. I am just really lucky he likes me!
Labels:
Character building,
Projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment