CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Winter Dance

Maddie went to her 2nd semi-formal Winter dance this past Friday with her BFF Payton. It is hard to believe that my little girl is at the age where she get all dressed up and goes to dances! I am excited for her, but scared for Matt and I. The fun is just beginning for her. She will be a freshman next year! The older she gets, the more I am morphing into my parents. I often catch myself saying things that I swore I never would!

 "Nothing good happens after 10:00"
"If your friends jump off a cliff, will you?"
"You talk like that to me again, I will slap you silly"
"Do I look stupid?"
"I am your parent, NOT your friend"

Not sure I will survive her teenage years! She is so much like me that it scares me! It is hard to find that balance between parent and friend. I want to be both-but in the end, it is more important for me to be her parent.

The two silly girls want so much to be mature, confident girls....but as I write this-they are in Maddie's bedroom trying to rap a song about their fingers so they can post it on YouTube. All that comes to my mind is D.O.R.K.S.

I love those goofballs! I hope they don't try and grow up too fast!





0 comments:

Post a Comment